Pages

Saturday 10 August 2013

Halifax to Blackpool by train

I wasn't going to watch the game today at Blackpool, but boredom's got the better of me, plus the fact my car failed its MOT yesterday I need cheering up. Thankfully Halifax is on the train line to Blackpool, so it shouldn't be a problem getting there. How wrong I am! This train is mobbed, I forgot that for some inexplicable reason many other people actually "want" to go to Blackpool. The fact they are going to stay there for longer than a few hours is way beyond my comprehension. Then again looking around me, there's a plethora of humankind travelling today. In one carriage there's a birthday group of over 50's from Halifax, behind me a hen party, already on their third bottle of the most vile looking blue alcoholic substance I've ever seen. OMG they've got a balloon out now, advertising its her third attempt at marriage!! Nothing like a sucker for punishment then! Also there's the two lesbians sat across from me trying to shock everyone in their own inimitable way. It's funny seeing the reactions they are getting from some people. The constant babble of unintelligible conversations is deafening.  Kids shrill screams punctuate the excited giggles of the hen party's attempts to take drunken photographs.
We've just left Blackburn and I've got a hyperactive fake blonde sat next to me. She's like a  bloody meerkat on speed bobbing up and down. Perfume chucks, and definitely overdone the spray tan, more Jaffa orange than golden brown. Oh well it takes all sorts to make a world. No doubt she thinks I'm weird here tapping away on my phone. Turns out the perfume is inter mingled with the smell of one of those liquid cigarettes, not nice at all.
Arrived safely and amazingly on time. Not been let down so far, Blackpool's reputation far exceeds its ability to impress.
Beers cheap though.

No comments:

Post a Comment