Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Barnsley FC v Wigan Athletic

Barnsley 0-4 Wigan - Sat 3rd August 2013

Well that was a disappointed start to the new football season. I most definitely wasn't expecting that result. Don't get me wrong I wasn't actually expecting a Barnsley win, but to be outplayed in nearly all departments was unfortunate to say the least.
However, it was the first competitive game of the season, Wigan had just been relegated from the Premier League, plus they'd won the FA Cup, so I don't suppose they were going to be a pushover.
I don't want to write a review of the game here, I'm sure there are many places where that information can be found, this is more about me, and how I see it. Obviously no one likes it when their team are comprehensively beaten, however, it happened on Saturday and the drive back home was no fun. I hate that feeling and it spoils the whole weekend. Good thing is there's 45 more games to go, so there's always something to look forward to. 


OK not the start I wanted, but ever the optimist, I'm hopeful the team will learn from where they made mistakes, improve on what was good and move on to the next game.


No comments:

Post a Comment